Williamsport Area Computer Club
Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 12, 1999, at 7 PM, in Room B-309 of the Lycoming College Academic Center, Williamsport. This will be a "Beginner's Night" where the floor will be open to any general or specific computer questions following the business meeting.
Our last meeting was called to order at 7:07 PM on September 14, 1999 by President John Yarosz. The minutes of August's meeting were approved. In Dan's absence, there was no treasurer's report.
Advertising / Awareness / Public Relations / Home Page:
- No action other than show promotions this month.
Computer Recycling (finding charitable uses for old computers):
- Doc suggested a person in Newberry to contact about repairing our stock of old monitors.
- John reported that Otto's is going to provide books to sell and donate 20% of the profit to us. We will need someone to pick up the books and man the table.
- Jim suggested that we have a table for those club members who are assisting with the show to display their 'tailgate' items so that one person can man the table while the owners are occupied. Kathy is going to take care of this along with a table for club information and door prizes.
- We are going to set up the show on the roof of the parking deck if the weather is good, or on the two sections immediately beneath if not. We will tell patrons to park on the lower levels to eliminate traffic through the show section.
- We plan on putting vendors along one side (where the electrical outlets are located) and tailgaters on the other side.
- Compumart plans on bringing an iMac and possibly an iBook to demonstrate.
- Kathy, Lou, Robert, John, Jim, Dylan, Willis, and Geoffrey have volunteered to assist with the event in any capacity necessary. We plan on taking turns manning the ticket gate, and any early arrivals can assist the vendors in setting up.
- Thanks go out to Kolb NetWorks and Mike Leoh and Jacqueline Bell at Susquehanna Communications for assisting in the promotion of our Club and Show through the cable commercial.
- We are running an ad in the classified section of the Sun-Gazette the week of the show.
Computer and Local Internet News:
|Chat Room||http://www.talkcity.com/chat.cgi?room=Williamsport, Tuesday and Sunday evenings|
|Secretary||Jim Shaffer, Jr., email@example.com|
|Mailing List||Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word subscribe in the subject. (Note: this is an open list for free-ranging local and computer-related discussions. Anyone wishing to subscribe to the newsletter should email Jim or use the comments form on our home page.)|
[Return To Home Page]