Williamsport Area Computer Club
Newsletter / Meeting Minutes
Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 10, 1999, at 7 PM, at Sovereign Bank, 33 West Third Street, Williamsport. We will be having a presentation about online banking. All meetings are free and open to the public.
Our last meeting was called to order at 7:15 PM on June 8, 1999 by President John Yarosz. Attendance was very light. The minutes of May's meeting were approved. In Dan's absence, there was no treasurer's report.
Advertising / Awareness / Public Relations / Home Page:
- Kathy has had more business cards printed for the club, including her phone number for contact.
- The club "For Sale" page has been deleted from our web site due to lack of activity.
- In light of the sudden and ongoing increase in requests for addition to the newsletter mailing list, Jim is going to poll new subscribers regarding where they found referral to our home page.
Computer Recycling (finding charitable uses for old computers):
- We donated three 486 systems and three portable 386 systems to the Penn Vale literacy project.
- The Salvation Army has requested a system.
- We have one 486 system and a number of 286 systems left.
- We still need someone to volunteer to repair VGA monitors.
- The show will be held on September 18th from 9 AM to 2 PM.
- Pricing will be $25 per table, or $20 if you bring your own table. Admission will be $3, or $5 for tailgating.
- The Williamsport Parking Authority has agreed to let us use the parking deck for free! We still need to check the availability of electrical outlets.
- We are going to pay Susquehanna Communications $168 for 56 ads on ZDTV the week before the show. There will also be an approximately $100 production fee.
- Advertising on The Weather Channel would cost $84. We probably won't be doing this.
- There may not be any time available on WRAK, but the show will be promoted on WKSB and WMYL.
- The color posters that Kathy designed are ready for distribution to announce the event. We are going to put up posters at the parking deck.
- Members are asked to promote our show at any hamfests or computer events they attend.
- Suggestions for special programs for the show are still needed.
- Dues need to be paid up! Our largest single cost this year will be for insurance ($275 last year.)
Computer News and Miscellaneous Discussions:
The meeting was adjourned at 8:22 PM, with a note that there will be no meeting in July but members are welcome to gather at Benjies restaurant at the usual time.
|August 10||Net Banking, Sovereign Bank, 33 West Third Street|
|September 14||Computer Show Final Planning, Lycoming College|
|September 18||Computer Show, Williamsport Parking Deck|
|Chat Room||http://www.talkcity.com/chat.cgi?room=Williamsport, Tuesday and Sunday evenings|
|Secretary||Jim Shaffer, Jr., firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mailing List||Send a message to email@example.com with the word subscribe in the subject|
[Return To Home Page]